If you’re looking to further your time investment with early childhood education policy issues, you’ve come to the right place!
Public Policy Forum
The Annual PennAEYC Public Policy Forum brings together AEYC members from across the state to "gear up" for Early Childhood Action Day by shaping our messages to the legislature and focusing on the power of our combined voices.
The Forum sponsors a number of training sessions, such as, how to involve members of a community to advocate for children, communicating with legislators and building leaders in an early childhood organization.
During the Forum, the VOICE Award is presented to honor and recognize those who advocate high quality early learning and speak out on behalf of Pennsylvania’s children. VOICE is the only statewide award in Pennsylvania that recognizes grassroots leaders whose work impacts the quality care young children receive in Pennsylvania.
For more details, visit, www.pennaeyc.org.
Communicate with your Legislators
With these valuable resources, you’ll be able to quickly identify and actively communicate with your local and state legislators, as well as demonstrate the importance of early childhood education with caregivers and your community. Remember, our legislatures are people just like you and I.
Early childhood education matters to you, so make sure your opinion is heard! Your voice is important because it will help shape the way policies are written concerning the issues that matter the most to you and your family.
Remember, your legislator is just a person---like you and I. They are here to represent you! Let your voice be heard.
Tips for meeting with your legislator:
- First and foremost, remember, legislators are people just like you and me!
- They were voted into office to represent you AND they need your help. Be a resource to your legislator.
- Be patient, kind and courteous!
- Don’t forget to introduce yourself and your center and be sure to indicate that you are a constituent.
- Share how having a strong early childhood system affects you and your community! Help your legislator make that personal connection.
Want to take your legislator on an Early Learning Tour?
Need to know who your legislator is?