Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 6:15pm to 9:15pm
This course will evaluate safety and supervision practices. Using DHS child care licensing regulations, practitioners will assess their facility's safety and supervision practices. Indoor and outdoor play spaces will be evaluated. Participants will review their supervision skills, identify criteria to consider when supervising children, develop strategies to supervise children and discuss the importance of counting children regularly. A supervision policy will be analyzed.
Upon completion, the learner will be able to:
- Comprehend DHS ratio regulations for staff-child, mixed ages, napping, etc.
- Summarize DHS regulations regarding related children, minimum number of facility persons in a facility, and supervision at all times.
- Describe strategies to see, hear, direct and assess each child
- Arrange classroom and outdoor environments based on best practices
- Explain effective indoor and outdoor supervision techniques
- Create an Action Plan for Supervision
- Sept 12, 2017 6:15pm-9:15pm In His Hands Child Care (Aliquippa) - Beaver County
- Sept 19, 2017 5pm-8pm YWCA Greater Pittsburgh - Allegheny County
- October 24, 2017 6pm-9pm Little Learners Academy (Scottsdale) - Westmoreland County
- November 1, 2017 6:15pm-9:15pm Central Storybook Village (Houston) - Washington County
- November 11, 2017 1pm-3pm CCAC Boyce (Monroeville) - Allegheny County