This year we are taking a new approach to Action Day to increase impact across the state -- NO bus trips to Harrisburg...NO rallies in the Capitol.
Instead, we're asking everyone to join together for Early Learning Action Day at Home on Wednesday, May 17, 2017 to call, text, message, tweet, and visit with legislators in their district- using the Action Day Toolkit as a guide for ideas.
Early Learning Action Day at Home
Every year you hear THIS year is the most important. For those following the current state budget process, you already know:
- The Governor has proposed historic investments in early childhood programs.
- The House budget made only modest increases to Pre-K while making MASSIVE CUTS to child care and home visiting programs.
- If the proposed childcare cuts are finalized, not only will the waitlist balloon, but hundreds of families currently on subsidy will be REMOVED from the program. This would be a first in the history of the Child Care Works program.
- Child care rates have been frozen for 10 years meaning that talented early childhood educators have had stagnant wages that subsidize what the state is not paying.
Take Action NOW
We know that research documents the benefits of high-quality early environments. Providers, families, and legislators on both sides of the aisle consistently articulate the case for early learning. Now is the time for action!
Text* "ECE KIDS" to 52886 and tell your legislators #OurKidsMatter on #ActionDay17.
*Message and Data Rates May Apply. Reply STOP to optout, HELP for help.
If you have questions or would like assistance in planning your ECE Action Day at Home Activities, please contact:
We must work together to ensure that legislators make early childhood a priority, and that our children get what they need and deserve. Thank you for adding your voice to this essential work. The 2017 ECE Action Day at Home is made possible by:
- Early Learning PA
- Delaware Valley Association for The Education of Young Children (DVAEYC)
- Pennsylvania Assocation for The Education of Young Children (PENNAEYC)
- Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA)
- Pennsylvania Head Start Association
- Pittsburgh Association for The Education of Young Children (PAEYC)
- Pre-K for PA
Past Action Days
Since its modest beginnings in 2005, Early Childhood Action Day grew to be the eminent annual grassroots event for Pennsylvania's early childhood advocacy community. Gathering early childhood providers, community leaders, parents, and interested advocates, Early Childhood Action Day represents the power of the collective energy and voice that come together in Pennsylvania's Capitol. In the past few years, Action Day has drawn more than 750 people at the Capitol building in Harrisburg to deliver the message of the importance of early childhood education to state legislators. In the past, the day has consisted of professional development opportunities, scheduled legislative visits, and a rally in Capitol's Rotunda.
Visit the PennAEYC website for photos, videos, and reports from past Action Days.