Mayor William Peduto's Administration is proposing to contract with the Pittsburgh Association for the Education of Young Children (PAEYC) to help the City implement universal Pre-Kindergarten and other programs to support Pittsburgh's children.
Through the contract PAEYC would:
- Assist in strategy development for targeted implementation of a universal Pre-Kindergarten program that maximizes public dollars. This includes providing backend support to the group via data and research.
- Assist in strategy development for maximizing public funds to strengthen the ability of child care providers to offer wrap-around services that ensure continuity of high-quality care.
- Facilitate and participate in city department-provider meetings with the goal of identifying City services that can support childcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality early childhood experiences.
- Optimize small business resources to support the business and management aspects of early childhood programs.
- Support the City’s communications strategy for elevating and engage families and the general public and early childhood initiatives.